Yes, from the Thirty Years’ War. In 1989–90 and 1999–2004 a research excavation of a battlefield at Třebel in Western Bohemia took place. Below the castle of Třebel at the end of August, beginning of September 1647 the Swedish army led by general Wrangel clashed with the Imperial army led by general Melander. The battlefield was spread between the towns Planá u Mariánských Lázní and Černošín over approximately 500 km². Both armies faced each other for three weeks divided by the deep valley of the Kosí stream. The biggest clash took place on the 22nd of August 1647 without a decisive result.
The basic guidelines for the archaeological excavations were vedute – copperplate engravings of the battlefield published in the sixth volume of the work Theatrum Europaeum, 1652. On the basis of these depictions 7 remains of field fortifications by both armies were found, six of which were partially excavated. A square redoubt of the Imperial army 15 by 15 m in size, was studied in detail. On the basis of the excavations of the redoubt a full scale replica of the fortification was built experimentally in 2002–2004. Much of the research was also aimed at the documentation of the deserted agricultural areas. This information was used to reconstruct the probable look of the battlefield at the time of the battle. In 2005 research excavations started at the battlefield at Jankov, where on the 6th of March 1645 Swedish and Imperial armies clashed. The starting point were again three vedute – copperplate engraving published in the 5th volume of Theatrum Europaeum (1647). The battlefields lies in the area of the villages Jankov – Ratměřice in Central Bohemia, south of Prague. Attention was aimed especially at the documentation of deserted agricultural areas which indicates their original spread.
The Seven Years‘ War. In the first half of the 1980’s archaeological excavation of a battlefield from the 8th to 9th of May 1759 was carried out in Nebesa near Aš. Remains of a massive rampart fortification, which covered the retreat of the Austrian army from Cheb in front of the Prussian army, lies on the edge of the modern woodland. About two thirds of the inner space of the fortification were uncovered during the excavation. Here were found hearths, many shards of ceramic vessels and several small metal fragments.
Matoušek, V. in print: Building a Model of a Field Fortification of the Thirty Years’ War near Olbramov (Czech Republic), Journal of Battlefield Archaeology, Glasgow.
Matoušek, V./Hájek, J./Kubů, F./Meduna, P. 1990: A komplex investigation of a field fortification of the seven year´s war (1756–1763) at the site of Nebesa by Aš (Ash), Studies in postmediaeval archeology 1, Prague, 29–61.